Friday, March 14, 2008

Jose and the Big O

We have no haiku from yesterday because there was no commute yesterday.

There was, instead, a tow by the golden-toothed Jose, who reassured me that Dusty and I would be just fine, and took me to "this guy he knows" who charged me $5 cash (you are reading that right--$5) to fix my wheel up enough to get me home, and later on, to W Macarthur's Big O Tires, and, it's official: I love those guys. Everyone I dealt with after yesterday morning's freeway fiasco was so thoroughly pleasant--I can't even shed a tear for my shredded tire. I'm going to spend more time hanging out with mechanics.

I did unearth more haiku from the 2006 archives, buried beneath a small stack of maps in the front seat:

June 29, 2006

Siren's Flash, shock of
white hair, licks salt from fish scales,
legs, teeth, neck whispers.
-for Flash

No comments: